Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Urban Decay: The Black Palette Swatches!

Hello Ladies & Gents!

I told you I'd be posting my own pics of swatches from UD's Black Palette, and here they are! This is primed with the original UDPP. I know it comes with a mini bottle of "Eden", but Eden is my FAVORITE and I don't have a full size tube yet (soon!) so I don't wanna waste my mini-tube on my arm. hahahaha.. Here are my pics! I hope you enjoy.

Here is the outside packaging. It comes in a black velvet casing, rather than their normal purple. LOVE IT! The palette has a smooth, glossy exterior.

Here is the back of the palette.

Opening the palette. Has a magnetic closure like most (if not, all) of their palettes. It is a lot thicker than I imagined. I was expecting it to be thin, like the Ammo Palette, but it's actually the same height of the Naked Palette.

Here it is! This was after I did the swatches, so the hatch marks are messed up. :P

These are all of the colors, from left to right, Black Dog, Barracuda, Jet, Sabbath, Cobra, Libertine, swatched over UDPP in Original.

Up close swatch of Black Dog and Barracuda.

Up close swatch of Jet and Sabbath.

Up close swatch of Cobra and Libertine.

This palette is $36 and it comes with 6 x 1g eyeshadows, .13 fl oz of Eden, and .03 oz of 24/7 Eyeliner in "Zero." In my opinion, the color payoff is amazing, and all of these swatches were just ONE swipe with a eyeshadow brush. "Black Dog" has to be one of the blackest blacks I've ever seen, and in my opinion, it is darker than MAC's "Carbon." Because they are so dark, I would definitely go light-handed with these, and build up to the intensity you desire, because they are so pigmented. This is a Limited Edition palette, and I suggest you go order one, RIGHT NOW!! :P Here is the link to purchase one on Sephora: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P272318&categoryId=C10461

xoxo,
Jessica

3 comments:

Drea J. said...

Yep, I want it LOL
great swatches girl!

o said...

That is sooo pretty!

Confessions of a Beautyholic

Arielle said...

These look amazingly pigmented! I have an Urban Decay Palette, but it doesn't have more wearable colors like this although I do enjoy warm colors more. What is the difference between the original UDPP and Eden UDPP?